Friday 21 December 2007

WHAT MONKEES SONGS WOULD MARK RECORD


Mark Mikel " I could record Monkees until the Cowsills come home. I've done The Door Into Summer when I was 15 with two tape recorders (gone forever) and more recently Porpoise Song, Can You Dig It and Star Collector. Mark Kelley has done Lady's Baby and For Pete's Sake.None of those were done very seriously. But if I were to do an album of Monkees, I'll tell you right now what they'd likely be:
Do Not Ask For Love
St Matthew
Goin' Down
Take a Giant Step
The Girl I Knew Somewhere
Early Morning Blues and Greens
She'll Be There
Sweet Young Thing
Long Title: Do I Have To Do This All Over Again?
Daily Nightly
I wouldn't need much convincing to record any of those songs.
I'd probably want to redo the 3 I've done also...plus an ultra disturbing dark psych version of The Day We Fall In Love."

No comments: