Sunday 30 December 2007

Scott Hunt




Mark Mikel "I was a fan of The Sprags back in the early 90's. I bought their first CD "Neighborhood Sounds" and was really impressed at their songwriting muscle. I approached them at one of their shows and asked to produce their next album. Through the recording of it we became friends. I was particularly impressed with Scott Hunt who was much more into music than the others. Scott was like me in alot of ways. The kind of guy who could play many instruments and spend almost all of his spare time writing and recording. We became great friends and he's a huge source of inspiration to me. I think he's one of the greatest songwriters who ever lived and the true genius behind The Sprags. He's producing the new Pillbugs album. When he and I work together it always comes out unbelievable. We're even trying to develop a sitcom together.

Scott has me play the drums on most of his solo albums too. His sister Shelby sings on them. Their latest "Sonic Symphony" is a pop masterpiece if I'd ever heard one.
When The Sprags lost their drummer, around '98 I think, they asked me to fill in until they found another. I loved their songs and hanging out with them (plus I missed playing drums) so I donated my services indefinitely. I wasn't to join the band as anything but a drummer. They didn't need another singer/songwriter and I was okay with that. It was fun to be in a supportive role for the first time ever.
We still do it and the new Sprags album is getting close to finished.Scott Hunt's Montana is one of the best albums EVER made. How exciting to find some love for it here. Get it- steal it-whatever you have to do (you won't be sorry) but it may not be easy. Only 1000 copies were printed in 1997.

An almost complete unknown and criminally underratted artist and my best friend. Yes, we're finally doing an album together and it's going to be mind blowing."

















No comments: